- Karumba has a walking track from Karumba Point to Karumba township and is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
- The Karumba Community Anglers Classic TBA
- The annual Karumba Cancer Cuppa in on the TBA
- Karumba Golf Open is on, in it’s all it’s glory, on our newly irrigated golf course, on the TBA
- Karumba State School Fete happening on the TBA
- Karumba now has its very own local swimming pool and water park catering for all ages and abilities.
Local Tours & Attractions
Kerry D fishing charters is a long time operator in Karumba owned and run by Paul & Kerry Donald offering 2 boats (up to 8 persons each) for 1/2 and full day fishing charters. Everything is supplied including all lines, tackle and bait, even a light smoko and a wealth of knowledge. Seasonal operations.
Karumba Fishing Adventures owned and run by Ray and Colleen Aquilina who have been long time travellers to Karumba and its fishing grounds. These guys offer 1/2 and full day fishing charters for up to 4 guests on their boat equipped with a disabled ramp to give EVERYONE the chance to experience gulf fishing. Again everything is included for your fishing experience lines, tackle, bait and a light smoko. In Karumba for the Peak Season.
Croc & Crab Tour
UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP!!!!
Ken & Lorraine Nottle are long experienced tour operators who have just effortlessly taken over and completed their first successful season in Karumba. They offer a roomy vessel doing both the 1/2 day Croc & Crab Tour – see many forms of wildlife and a croc or two and learn how to catch, tie and cook crabs (feed of cooked prawns, crab and fruit & savouries provided washed down with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages all inclusive) or an evening sunset tour with a feed of prawns and a glass of wine/or can of beer (you get to keep the glasses and coolers too). Seasonal operations.
Ferryman Tours owned and run by Glen & Alison Newton for many years offers a large and comfy vessel for Sunset and Birdwatching Tours throughout the tourist season. Sunset tours come with a glass or two of wine/beer/softdrink/water complimented by a taste of fresh cooked Gulf prawns cooked and supplied by our very own Karumba Point Tourist Park while you enjoy the natural splendour of a Gulf Sunset. Alison & Glen being avid wildlife fanatics offer a wide range of in depth knowledge of the local bird and wildlife, some of which is only native to this region, on their Birdwatching Tour. Seasonal operations.
Eating in Karumba
- Fresh cooked Gulf Prawns available during the season (only frozen green in off season) at Karumba Point Tourist Park along with a range of frozen Gulf fish fillets and other assorted seafood. 07 4745 9306
- Seabreeze at The Point – enjoy a fresh cooked meal in or even take away to relax at home or on the beach. 07 4745 9006
- Karumba Seafood Market – book a table and dine in with 2-20 people these guys can cater for you with good home cooked food or great tasting fish and chips and various other cooked seafoods and are available for dine in or take away. For orders or bookings call Pam Otto on 07 4745 9501.
- Mick’s Café in the Karumba main township has various hot meals and take away style food available at breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week for dine in or take away including Pizza night on Sunday Nights. For orders or enquiries call 07 4745 9187.
BOOK NOW! for August, September, and October. You may also do advanced booking for November, December and January.
Postal Address: Karumba Point Sunset Caravan Park, PO Box 61 Karumba Queensland 4891
Tel: (07) 4745 9277
Fax (07) 4745 9480